Are you concerned about your erectile dysfunction? Find prevention steps. It is true, if you are concerned about impotence, there are various steps that you can follow to see that you can prevent ED from happening to you. Here are some of the steps to take to ensure that you stay as far away from sexual impotence as possible.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Steps To Prevent Impotency
There are various types of erectile dysfunction and it is true that not all of these can be prevented. But there are certain steps that you can take to ensure that you reduce your risk of getting male sexual impotency. Here are some of the steps you can take to try to keep male impotency as far away from you as you possibly can:
- Impotency Prevention Diet: Studies have been carried out on men who ate a lot of whole grains, vegetables and fruits. These men abstained from eating processed grains and red meat. The results of these studies conducted on these men showed that they were far less likely to become impotent, as compared to men who ate the above foods. Blackberry jam on toast is another great food, as are elderberries and bilberries, as these have great amounts of anthocyanins in them. Anthocyanins are extremely powerful antioxidants, that can prevent erectile dysfunction. The conclusion here is that by avoiding certain kinds of foods and by eating only certain kinds of foods, you would be able to reduce your risk of becoming impotent, to a great extent.
- Exercise For Preventing Erectile Dysfunction: Physical activity is very good as it stimulates your body to produce nitrogen oxide. This allows for the expansion of the blood vessels and this is just what Viagra, the very popular drug for the treatment of ED does. Thus, if you want to prevent yourself from getting impotent, it is very important for you to exercise regularly.
- Natural Foods To Cure Erectile Dysfunction: By eating some foods that are natural, you would not only be able to prevent yourself from getting impotent, but you would also be able to cure impotency, in case you have it. For instance, oysters and other kinds of shellfish have the reputation of being great aphrodisiacs. One of the reasons for this is that they contain zinc which plays a very big role in producing the male sexual hormone known as testosterone. Another great reason to eat raw shellfish is that they have compounds in them that enhance the release of sexual hormones. Pink grapefruit and tomatoes contain a phytonutrient known as lycopene that helps greatly for dealing with sexual issues like erectile dysfunction. Pistachios contain a protein called arginine and if eaten on a very regular basis, can help prevent or treat impotency. Studies have shown that eating watermelons can have as much effect on ED, as does Viagra and eating this fruit can also lead to an increase in sexual desire. Leafy green vegetables such as spinach and celery are also great for the prevention of erectile dysfunction.
- Do Not Smoke: If you do not smoke, very good for you. Because people who smoke and keep smoking, increase their chances of becoming impotent. So, if you smoke, you might already be impotent, the sooner you quit smoking the better for you.
- Stop Being A Couch Potato: There are many men all over the world today, who just spend way too much time sitting on their behind. These men are unaware of the fact that by doing so, they are actually damaging their heart and increasing their waistline and not only these, but it also kills their vigor below their belt.
- Lose Weight: If you are obese, you are putting yourself at a great risk for various kinds of illnesses, including erectile dysfunction. Atherosclerosis, heart disease, high cholesterol and diabetes can all bring about impotency. But when you combine these with you being obese, you are definitely increasing your chances of being impotent. The solution for you to prevent yourself from getting impotent by being obese, lies in you keeping fit and losing that extra weight you have.
- Food For Erectile Dysfunction Prevention: If you do not wish to suffer from ED, it is very important that you maintain the right diet by eating the proper foods. Always ensure that your diet is healthy for your circulation and also for your heart. Foods that are good to include in your diet include foods like peanuts, red wine, apples, tea, cranberries and onions.
- Do Not Consume Too Much Alcohol: If you want to prevent yourself from getting impotent, then you can be sure that one of the things you must not do, is take too much alcohol. Studies very clearly indicate that men who consume large amounts of alcohol, put themselves at a 60 – 70% risk of getting various kinds of sexually related problems such as loss of desire to have sex, premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.
- Avoid Bad Medications: Of course, at some point in time, we all need to take some kind of medicine or the other. But there are some medications that are very bad and can bring about male impotency. There are certain types of medicines that suppress testosterone levels and cause male impotency. As far as possible, to prevent yourself from getting impotent, you should avoid such medications. Your doctor would be in the best position to advise you about such medicines and if it is possible for you not to take them.
- Take Herbs And Do Acupuncture: Having the right herbs and getting acupuncture treatment are another couple of steps that you can take to ward off erectile dysfunction.
Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms Can Be Prevented
As the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure! You can take the appropriate steps to prevent yourself from getting impotent. It is a well-established fact that your general health and your lifestyle, will determine whether or not you become impotent. Thus, by making suitable changes in your lifestyle, it is possible for you to prevent yourself from getting erectile dysfunction.