What is premature ejaculation? Causes, symptoms and treatments of PE, you will be able to find them all here. PE is when a man ejaculates at the time of sexual activity, much before he or his partner would have liked him to. PE is also known as early ejaculation, premature climax or rapid ejaculation. Though it is possible that PE might not really be a cause for alarm bells to start ringing, it is also true that as a result of PE, relationships can be damaged and also, the sex is not at all enjoyable!
Examining The Causes Of Premature Ejaculation
Different couples and singles males, react in different ways to premature climax. Some of them try to seek treatment, others shy away in shame and do not go to get treated. There are many men who feel extremely embarrassed about PE and this results in them suffering from anxiety and depression and even wondering whether or not they would be able to lead a normal and healthy sex life ever again. Here are some of the main causes of PE:
- Biological: Certain kinds of problems related to the thyroid, various kinds of traits that have been inherited, hormone levels that are abnormal, nerve damage as a result of some kind of trauma or surgery, ejaculatory system reflex activity that is abnormal, neurotransmitters (chemicals in the brain) are at abnormal levels and infection and inflammation of the urethra or prostrate.
- Anxiety: Many men who find that they suffer from premature ejaculation, also tend to have anxiety problems. Either this anxiety is based around their issues with not being able to have proper sex or it is regarding other issues.
- Psychological Reasons: There are certain beliefs that when young, a man could have got into a pattern of ejaculating early and this causes PE, as this pattern becomes tough to change.
- Issues With Relationships: There could be various kinds of problems happening in a relationship, which cause early ejaculation.
- Erectile Dysfunction: If a man is anxious about being able to get an erection and maintain that erection while he is having sex, he may actually find himself ejaculating prematurely.
What Are The Symptoms Premature Ejaculation?
If you are confused about whether or not you suffer from early ejaculation, here are the symptoms associated with this, that will let you have a clear idea:
- Almost all of the time or all the times, while you have sex, you are not able to delay your ejaculation.
- When you have sex, at the time of penetration, you almost always or always, ejaculate in less than a minute.
- You feel frustrated or distressed and because of this, you try to avoid having sex.
Types of Premature Ejaculation
There are two categories in which PE can be classified:
- Lifelong/Primary PE: This would take place almost all the times in your life or all the times in your life, starting with your very first sexual episode.
- Acquired/Secondary PE: This kind of PE would start to arise, after you have had prior sexual episodes, without facing any kind of ejaculatory problems whatsoever.
Some Premature Ejaculation Treatments Available
- Use A Condom: Yes, this may come as a big surprise to you, but by using a condom, it is possible for you to delay your ejaculation. Condoms help to delay ejaculation as they reduce sensitivity during sex. The best condom to use is that kind of condom which is extra thick.
- Use A Lot More Lubricant: When you have sex, use more lubrication. This would help in reducing the friction caused while having sex and thus possibly help in delaying your ejaculation.
- Build Control: It is very good if you try to build up a greater level of control over your ejaculatory reflexes. You can do this by starting to masturbate 3 to 5 times each week. You need to get used to various sensations that happen and in order to do this, you should try masturbating with a dry hand also with a wet hand. You should try to build control by masturbating until you feel that you are about to explode. When you feel this, at once stop, ensure that you do not ejaculate. Then let your hardon subside and wait for about 5 minutes or so. After this, start to masturbate again, repeating this whole ‘exercise’ for around 3 to 5 times. After that, you can finally masturbate till you orgasm. This is a great way to build control over your premature ejaculation and could help you a lot when you have sex with your partner.
- Masturbation In The Morning, Sex At Night: If you have not had an orgasm in 24 hours, it is very likely that you will ejaculate fast when you have sex. The solution to this could be that you masturbate in the morning, so you can have great sex at night or vice versa.
Important For You To Understand
Premature ejaculation is a very common sexual complaint with men all over the world. Studies show that 1 in 3 men have said that they have experienced premature ejaculation, at some point in time in their lives. But, you also need to understand that if this kind of thing does not happen on a regular basis, you have absolutely no cause to be concerned about it. What is also very interesting to note is that a study revealed that the average time taken for an act of sex is about 7.3 minutes. Albeit, 43% of the men are done with the act of sex in less than a couple of minutes!
Never doubt that if you have PE, there are various kinds of treatments available for it. Do not let this problem get the better of you, by waiting and prolonging the issue. If you notice you are suffering from rapid ejaculation, do not suffer anymore, just get in touch with your physician and rest assured, you will be given the treatment you need, to take care of your premature ejaculation, allowing you to live a healthy and normal sex life.